Home

There is no better feeling than being home. As I sit here thinking about my experience, I cannot help but think how truly unique my time in Spain was. The program itself was the first of its kind and has helped many new relationships grow.

As a woman, I am left in awe of all of the locations we visited in Spain; Madrid, Valencia, Cuenca, and our little host town of Mira and its surrounding locations. I saw the Mediterranean for the first time, walked up and down mountains, tried foods I'd never thought I would taste, did my fair share of shopping, and saw all forms of art both old and new. It's a new world of culture that I now recognize I still have much to learn from. I hope to visit new parts of Spain again as an adventuring tourist.

As a student, the internship was enough of a challenge to increase my knowledge of Spanish theatre and its inner workings as well as help me grow as a person. It's helped me become more patient with myself and others as well as helped me work well with a team of women with a purpose to accomplish great things. Truly, without the group of women sent in our small group, I'm not sure how it might have turned out. But I am glad of our result and the countless hours of work we placed to accomplish it.

Each person contributed and made something we believed in. Our small play of 40 minutes required the use of all the little resources we brought with us and the advice of our director Adolfo Simón. He planted the questions and we morphed them into ideas of our own. We morphed the script given to us at the very beginning, picked what we felt held the most meaning to each of us, and presented it not only for ourselves, but for the nuns we played; The nuns that lived 4 centuries ago. We hope we did them justice for the small performance we gave to reflect on their stories, and our own. I know I will remember and cherish it always.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Míra'me

The Mediterranean - Day 24

New eyes - Day 16